|Red Lentil Maranara Over Polenta and Spiraled Zucchini. |
A completely plantbased vegan meal.
I had several requests for this recipe after posting the picture on Facebook. So here it is!
Red Lentil Maranara (for a 100% plant-based meal)
created by Chef John (Inspired by The Happy Pear)
Makes approximately 3 quarts (or litres)
2 Tbs vegetable or olive oil
1 medium onion (diced)
4 cloves garlic (fine chopped)
1 green bell pepper (diced)
1 red bell pepper (diced)
2 – 12 oz. cans whole tomatoes and juice (chopped)
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup red lentils
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup chopped mushrooms
3 Tbs tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
2 Tbs pure maple syrup
2 Tbs Italian seasoning
2 Tbs oregano
1 tsp paprika
salt to taste
(optional) 1/3 cup red wine
- Brown onion, garlic in large sauce pan or Instant Pot.
- Add chopped peppers to saute.
- Add remainder of ingredients to pot, stir and adjust liquid to allow sauce to simmer.
- Add more vegetable stock as needed during cooking.
- Simmer until lentils are soft (we cooked for hours)
- Serve over pasta, rice, polenta, potatoes or whatever the hell you want.
- Serve with a chapped salad and citrus-based dressing.
created by Chef Levonne
Juice of several small limes.
1 Tbs of olive oil
1 Tbs of vegan mayonnaise
pinch of chili powder
pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients well and pour over chopped jicama, fresh tomato, avocada salad up to 20 minutes before serving.